Key Requirements of Student Guardian Visa (590)
· Basic Requirement:
The applicant of student guardian visa must be a parent in relation or the relative over 21 years who has been nominated by the parent in writing. It does not allow bringing family member younger than 6 years of except under certain circumstances.
· GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) Requirement:
when assessing your plan to stay in Australia as a guardian, you will be required to provide evidence of your personal conditions in your home country, potential circumstances in Australia, your immigration history, proof of property or other significant assets in your home country and everything else associated with your plan.
· Access to Funds:
The funds shown by you in the visa application must be available for use to financially support you and your family during your intended period in Australia. It should come from acceptable sources like scholarships or sponsorships, financial institutions or government loans. During your assessment of those funds, the Department of Immigration will consider different factors into accounts like the nature of relationship between you and the person providing the funds, your income and employment along with the person providing the funds and your previous visa history.
· Health Insurance:
You need to provide proof that shows you have enough health insurance for the duration of your stay in Australia.
· Personality and Relationship documents:
Identity documents that must be submitted include your birth certificate showing the names of both parents, the pages of each applicant's current passport that clearly shows photo, personal details, passport issue and expiry dates, two recent passport photographs and proof of change of name.
Other Conditions Applied:
· Student Guardian Visa does not allow you to bring your family members dependants
· If you intent to be the Guardian for more than one student in Australia, you need to notify the department for which student you would like your visa linked to.
· Once you are granted for Student guardian visa, you are not allowed to apply for any other visa
· You are not supposed to join any work.
· You are required to maintain your approved overseas visitor health cover.
· Penalties will be imposed in case you leave Australia without taking the nominated student.